Post Title: Procurement Officer
Number of vacancies: One post
Duration: One year.
Salary: As per LESP Salary Scale.
Opening Date: 16/1/2023
Closing Date: 5/2/2023
Location: Khartoum with frequent travel to the field
The European Commission funded Livestock Epidemio-Surveillance Project to Support Livelihoods of Vulnerable Rural Small holders and Pastoralists (LESP-SLSP) overall objective is to contribute to the improvement of livelihoods and resilience of vulnerable rural smallholders and pastoralists in the main livestock production areas of South Eastern Sudan.
The specific objective is to support the trade and export of livestock, thereby increasing incomes and the resilience of vulnerable smallholders and pastoralists in the target areas by ensuring that appropriate animal disease surveillance and control is operational in South Eastern Sudan. The Project is administered by the International Fund for Agricultural Development and the day-to-day project management and implementation of activities is undertaken by the Ministry of
Animal Resources, through a Project Implementation Unit (PIU) housed in the Animal Health and Epizootic Diseases Directorate General. The project implementation unit is hiring a Procurement Officer who will report to the Project Manager S/He is responsible for:
– Implement procurement in compliance with IFAD procurement guidelines and in accordance with the Letter to the Recipient for LESP.
– Provide technical support and guidance to the LESP PIU, technical directorates and SIUs in the preparation of schedule of requirements, bidding documents and request for proposals for the acquisition of goods, services and works.
– Participate in procurement evaluation committees as a nonvoting member and provide procurement guidance during the evaluation of bids and draft the evaluation report as per available IFAD standard templates;
– Coordinate the advertisements, issuance and receipt of bids;
– Participate in contract negotiation;
– Draft the contracts as per the standard template of IFAD;
– File the signed contracts;
– Submit the procurement dossiers that require prior review of IFAD in the NOTUS;
– Prepare the procurement plan in alignment with the annual work plan and budget of the project and monitor the implementation of the procurement plan;
– Carry out modifications to the procurement plan in line with modifications to the annual work plans and budget;
– Monitor contract implementation and advise on need for contract amendments (no cost or cost extensions or amendment of contracts);
– Submit the updated procurement plan and contract monitoring tool to the Project Manager and IFAD on a monthly basis;
– Set up and maintain an archiving system for all procurement records and supporting documentation;
– Provide internal auditors, external auditors and Government/ IFAD supervision missions and ROM missions wi relevant documents and clarification and implement the recommendations;
-Participate in the BUILDPROC training of IFAD if not already certified.
Qualifications and experience:
- BSc in Accounting/Economy-Business administration, civil engineering, law or other relevant domain;
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in carrying out procurement functions with at least 3 years handling procurement in a donor funded project;
- Good command of English and Arabic;
- Knowledge of Government of Sudan procurement regulations;
- Good command of basic computer software (Excel, Word, outlook, etc.);
- Ability to work in team and multi-tasking with good communication skills;
- Professional and personal endurance and commitment to complete complex assignments efficiently and effectively in high demanding working environment, and;
- Willingness to travel intensively within Project areas during certain periods.
Duty station: Khartoum with frequent travel to the field.
Duration: 1 year.
- Applications from candidates currently contracted and working with ongoing projects programmes financed by IFAD or funded by doners under the supervisor of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning or Ministry of Agricultural and Forests are not accepted.
- Names and addresses of two persons to refer to, will be appreciated.
- Application by email address internet is not accepted at all.
Interested candidates are requested to submit “hand by hand their application with CVs and all the supporting documents in sealed envelope before the closing date and to be handed over to the address Central Coordination Unit for IFAD Co-financed Project, House no. (2) block no (10), Tejiani Elmahi street, Khartoum East