Place of employment: SUDAN, Khartoum
Contact point: Ms Trijntje TALEN
Deadline for applications: 02/06/2022
Profile of post: Finance and Contracts Officer – Initiation and Verification
Unit: INTPA.A.6.DEL.Sudan.003 – Finance, Contracts and Audit section
Function Group: FG IV
Post number: 239916
Living-conditions allowance: 40%
CONTRACT AGENT FGIV
Finance and Contracts Officer – Initiation and Verification
INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION and DEVELOPMENT
BUDGET, FINANCE, CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING
To ensure, under the supervision of the Head of Finance, Contracts and Audit (FCA) Section, that
the contractual and financial management of projects and programs under the contract agent’s
responsibility is carried out in line with the overall instructions given by the headquarters (i.e.
Financial Regulations, Practical Guide, Companion and instruction notes) and the instructions of
the Head of Section. To assist the Head of Section with the co-ordination of the FCA Section and
assuming horizontal tasks, when required, in line with the overall instructions given by
headquarters. Support is also to be provided to the Operational Sections.
13/04/2022 2 /
Functions and duties
+ BUSINESS MANAGEMENT and PLANNING
• Assist the Head of the FCA Section in the planning, management and reporting of the
activities of the Section as well as ensure general liaison with the Operations staff and
• Draft financial aspects of contracts, draft documents linked to financial operations (addenda,
interim or final reports, payment requests or invoices, recovery orders/debit notes). Liaise
with the Operations staff and provide advice and comments on draft financing agreements,
action documents as well as on financial and budgetary matters.
• Assist in preparing reports for Delegation and Commission management and in providing
support to visiting missions. Assist in giving support to beneficiaries, including the offices of
the Partner country.
• Interface with the financial and legal services of INTPA, and ensure proper functioning of
informatics tools for budgetary and accountancy management (CRIS, OPSYS, ABAC and
ARES) and the coherence of data between the different databases.
• Ensuring proper archiving and filing of documents related to EU programmes.
+ BUDGET and FINANCE
• Ensure financial initiation/verification of payments/recovery orders/contracts/riders, etc.
• Ensure that the adequate financial circuits are in place and followed.
• Advise and comment on draft financing agreements and action documents.
• Provide advice on sound financial management and application of EU rules.
• Ensure the quality (including accuracy and comprehensiveness) of the data entered into
CRIS, OPSYS, ABAC, Ares and any other relevant IT tool.
+ PROCUREMENT and CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
• Ensure control and initiation/verification of procurement and grant award procedures.
• Assist in the preparation of files for Tenders and Calls for Proposals; ensure their financial
initiation and participate in evaluation committees.
• Perform the function and duties of chairperson or secretary in tender procedures and calls
for proposals in direct management.
• Assist in the preparation and negotiations of technical and financial aspects of contracts.
• Ensure the financial initiation of new contracts, amendments and closures; ensure the
financial initiation of payments, clearings, recovery orders and waivers.
• Ensure the quality, including accuracy and comprehensiveness, of data entered into CRIS,
OPSYS, ABAC and Ares.
+ AUDIT, CONTROL and INSPECTION
• Preparation of financial reports and statistics (RAC, RAL, payment forecasts, BCP, EAMR,
annual reports, ad hoc reporting) and follow-up of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Assist with the drafting of the Annual Audit and verification plan, the tendering, contracting
and the implementation of the audit contracts.
• Follow-up on the audit contracts and the correct encoding of its data in OPSYS audit.
• Follow-up on the implementation of the recommendations made in audit reports and
• Liaison with HQ services on aspects concerning cooperation programmes/projects.
• Liaison with the Operational units.
13/04/2022 3 /
+ PROCUREMENT and CONTRACT MANAGEMENT, BUDGET and FINANCE, ACCOUNTING,
BUDGET, FINANCE, CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING
Job-Related experience:at least 2 years
Previous experience in an EU Delegation is an advantage.
Listening Reading Spoken
English C1 C1 C1 C1 C1
French B1 B1 B1 B1 B1
• BUDGET, FINANCE, CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING
BUDGET and FINANCE
Financial regulation and procedures
Finance Guide for External Actions
PROCUREMENT and CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
Rules and procedures concerning calls for proposals, calls for tenders, contracts,
• AUDIT, CONTROL and INSPECTION
Risk Analysis, assessment and management
• PROGRAM / PROCESS / PROJECT MANAGEMENT
GENERAL PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
Programme planning and evaluation
Project contracts negotiation and monitoring
Project monitoring methods and techniques
• OPERATIONAL and ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT and RESOURCES
ORGANISATION and ADMINISTRATION of SUPPORT OFFICES
• COMMUNICATION and PUBLICATION
INTERNAL COMMUNICATION (general)
Internal communication practices
EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION (general)
Publications rules, procedures and process in the Institution
PRINTING and PAPER PUBLISHING
Quality standards for paper and electronic publications
• IT TOOLS for SPECIFIC APPLICATION AREAS
IT tools for FINANCE, BUDGET and CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING
IT tools for OFFICE AUTOMATION
MS Office applications
IT tools and systems for ARCHIVES, MAIL and DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
• INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS (generic)
Multilateral international agreements and negotiation methods and procedures
International organisations and agreements
13/04/2022 4 /
• Analysing and Problem Solving
Ability to conceptualise problems, identify and implement solutions
Capacity to analyse and structure information
Ability to communicate in meetings
Capacity to communicate technical or specialised information
• Delivering Quality and Results
Capacity to act upon problems
Financial management skills
• Prioritising and Organising
Capacity to deliver in a structured way
• Working with Others
Presentation of the entity:
Job related issues
[ ] Atypical working hours
[ ] Specialised Job
[ ] Frequent, i.e. 2 or more missions / month
[ ] Long duration, i.e. missions lasting more than a week
Additional Knowledge : PROCUREMENT and CONTRACT MANAGEMENT PRAG and INTPA
Companion Rules and procedures concerning negotiated procedures (and direct awards)
AUDIT, CONTROL and INSPECTION Frameword contract audit IT tools for FINANCE,
BUDGET and CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING OPSYS
Workplace, health & safety related issues
[ ] Noisy environment
[ ] Physical effort / materials handling
[ ] Work with chemicals / biological materials
[ ] Radioprotection area
[ ] Use of personal protective equipment
[ ] Other
13/04/2022 5 /
Organisational entity The Delegation to Sudan consists of staff members from European and
Sudanese nationalities. The task of the staff is to assure the best representation of the European
Union towards the Republic of The Sudan. The Delegation to Sudan is composed of the Head of
Delegation Office, the Political, Press and Information section, the Cooperation section, the
Finance, Contracts and Audit section, and the Administration section. Since 25 October 2021 a
military regime is in power in Sudan. Opposition organizes demonstrations frequently (a few times
a week). This might impact the working environment, resulting in being obliged to work from
home in certain instances. The safety and security of Delegation staff is taken good care of: a
Security Officer is based in Sudan, following the situation, acting upon it by disseminating
relevant information, and instructing Delegation staff about what to do and what not
to apply for this jobs please click the button below and and fill all require fields
Please indicate your CAST Application ID in your application and mention the post number in subject line.
Security Clearance is compulsory for all EU Staff in delegations and has to be requested by selected candidate before departure.
deadline : 02.06.2022