Department/Section: Technology IT Operations
Job Title: Enterprise Systems Operations TL
Reports to: Services & Enterprise Systems Operations Manager
Accountable to the Services & Enterprise Operations Manager. Responsible of Technology’s daily Operations, Maintenance and Support of Enterprise Applications to achieve and maintain the highest quality level of offered services to internal customers. Ensure the highest possible level of internal customers satisfaction and improve the customer experience.
- Manage Enterprise Applications operations through the ITIL process and follow-up with Managed Service (MS) Team.
- Monitor the MS teams KPI’s aligned with Zain compliance team and business targets.
- Monitor the daily operations, maintenance and support of the Enterprise Applications which is being provided by the MS vendor
- Coordinate with other units (development team and business units) for requirements and changes related to new developments, integration, or operations
- Receive and attend to L2 incidents (fault analyses, determination of cause, and directing corrective action) and coordinate with operations centers, services, and solutions operations, and infra operations to ensure resolution within SLAs and provide related reports
- Implement systems changes on production environment in coordination with change management (service operations centers)
- Support the roll-out of new releases and systems; assist in acceptance testing by provisioning resources in alignment with development management
- Attend, review, and sign-off acceptance tests (operational acceptance tests)
- Supervise and monitor vendors’ performance in operations, maintenance, administration, and support
- Ensure that application services are able to deliver the capacity and performance in alignment with capacity management
- Support roll-out of new releases and systems in the Operations Environment; assist in Acceptance Testing by provisioning Resources in alignment with Enterprise Systems and Applications Development Team
- Conduct periodic health checks and preventive maintenance
- Manage equipment EOL (end of life); align with financial management on equipment retirement
- Participate in the technology business planning cycle through identification of project plans and the provisioning of cost estimates
- Participate in the development of RFP scopes/specifications/response assessment in alignment with vendor management
- Manage Enterprise Applications Operations team
- Manage the ERP incidents and issues
- Work collaboratively with Enterprise Systems Dev. team across the Enterprise Systems/Apps lifecycle (Dev-to-Ops) in a DevOps/SRE fashion (Ops to support in Dev if needed and Dev. to support in Ops if needed).
Typical Performance Measures:
- Quality of Support
- IT Helpdesk SLA Met
- Quality and accuracy of reporting
- Quality of Team Contribution
- Time to market for managed applications
- Responsible for maintaining technology quality with internal customer
- Capable of troubleshooting, analyze, report & improve services
- Develop coordinated Plans to support the expanding Technology demands
- Coordinate & manage the MS project
- Reporting to Services & Enterprise Operations Manager.
- Participate in presentation or user training as requested by other departments.
- Significant staff decision making/leadership accountability.
- Handling ERP systems (business and technical) issues.
- Understanding the concept of Accounting, Procurement, HR, Payroll, Administration, and stock management, business reports design etc.…
What Do You Need to Qualify
- Professional qualification preferred – Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any related field.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in related field.
- Skills in SW Development and Deployment is highly recommended
- Agile, DevOps, SRE Certificate “is a plus”
- ERP business and technical support experience is preferred.
- Experience in Applications Operations is a must.
- Experience in Vendor Management.
- On the Job training.
- Experience in ERP systems (Oracle – Business Suit experience is preferable).
- Knowledge in Accounting, FA, Procurement, HR, Payroll, PM, Administration, and stock management, business reports design etc.… is must.
- Experience in ITSM, ERP, ECM, WFM is a plus.
- Managing people.
- Applications Support and Maintenance, and Management
- Management experience for Application Webserver and Database Administration
- Applications Monitoring and Performance Management (e.g. Synthetic Monitoring, Systems Monitoring, Log Monitoring)
- Knowledge with Software Development and Testing
- Vendor/MS Management
- Handling of trouble ticketing systems, e.g. Remedy
- Agile and DevOps and CloudNative Deployment Environment Knowledge
- Knowledge of Applications Operations through ITSM
- Good knowledge of ITIL and its processes
- Experience in application architecture, database design, web development
Skills and Key Behaviours for Success:
- Strong Communication skills
- Good Presentations Skills
- Ability to Interpret and Apply Best Practice Methods/Processes (a Change Agent personality) – this is important
- Tedious and Repetitive works Automation Mind-set
- Excellent Numeracy and Analytical skills
- Conflict handling and resolution.
- Change Management
- Highly developed Reports Writing, Abstraction, Presentation, Communication and fluent “Arabic & English”
- Extensive technical skills in support of complex enterprise applications
About Zain Sudan:
The country’s leading operator was established in 1997 and today serves More than 16 million customers as of 31 August 2020, reflecting a market share of more than 48%. Possessing the country’s most advanced voice and data network, the operator’s network extends to an impressive 90% of the population with 2G, 3G and LTE sites. Through constant development of the telecommunications infrastructure and proactive marketing initiatives, Zain remains committed to offering customers in Sudan the most dynamic products and services. The foundation of Zain Sudan’s achievements lies in the company’s ability to inspire its employees to deliver the best and most imaginative services at every level. With an energetic and inspired predominantly Sudan workforce, the company is committed to employing high caliber people as well as nurturing the finest Sudan talent. With a strong human resources and training program that develops and nurtures leaders in the workplace, the company has consistently opened new doors for its dedicated staff. For more on Zain Sudan please visit www.sd.zain.com
Vacancy Type : Full Time Employee