Higher Council for Environment and Natural Resources
Strengthened Protected Areas System and Integrated Eco system Management Project (SPAS)
The higher Council for Environment and Natural Resources (HCNER) has received a grant from Global Environment Facility (GEF) and United Nation Development Program me to implement a project titled Strengthened Protected Areas System and Integrated Ecosystem Management in Sudan, the objectives t the project:
To strengthen national Protected Areas (PAs) system in Sudan, promote biodiversity conservation mitigate land degradation, sustain ecosystem services and improve communities -living in adjutants of selected PAS- livelihood. To achieve these objectives 4 component strategy will be implemented they are :
Component 1: Enabling environment established at the National level to approve different strategies (Polices, legislation, funding expansion eco-tourism etc.).
Component 2: Improve management efficiency at selected Sites, the outcome is to increase their score by 20% during the project duration.
Component 3: Integrated Natural Resources management in multi-landscape in and around targeted PAS (by restoration of natural resources, community based integrated Natural Resources management and training of communities on land use).
Component 4: Knowledge Management, Gender Mainstreaming and Monitoring and Evaluation.
The project seek to recruit a consultant or a firm to carry fire management plans to Dinder and Jabal Al Dair Protected areas, the scope of the work include the following:
1. In depth analysis of fire causes and regimes.
2. Training the protected areas staff and the natural recourses personal as well communities.
3. Assist in purchase of firefighting equipment especially from out Sudan.
4. Supervise and leads Demonstration of fire lines in the selected tow arcas
5. Write the fire management plan principles and guides
6. Any other related matters.
The consultant and the firm should have the following:
1. Experience in fire management in different parts of Sudan
2. Experience in fire line techniques
3. Preferably a Natural recourses graduate, preferably has high degrees.
4. Knowledge of fire ecology
Interested consultants should submit their Profile and CV with full details of their proposal to manage wild fire in Sudan and particularly in similar areas.
The selected candidates will be contacted to carry his work with one year contract, and he will be paid an installment according to deliverables stated in the contract
• Completed applications and supporting documents should be submitted(hard or soft copy) to :
The office of the Secretary General of HCENR
Mekk Nimir Street-Khartoum P.O Box 10488 or (PAs) project office
or click the apply button below
Only short listed will be contacted.
Last day for application is 02/07/2022.
3 total views, 1 views today