Department/Section: Big Data and Analytics/BI
Job Title: Business Intelligence Team Leader
Reports to: Analytics Manager
Accountable for effective and efficient operation and maintenance of ZAIN’s KPI by: providing self-service, periodic, and ad-hoc reports. And developing prediction models to provide deep business insights using data science technologies
- Manage Analytics teams to effectively deliver required reports/KPIs as per agreed SLAs in terms of time and data quality.
- Manage the transformation of all periodic and Ad-hoc reports to the new Self-service system.
- Managing the planned projects, OLAP models, and business use cases.
- Support business functions with their required reports and studies.
- Adhere to Zain security policy to govern data sharing, and ensure the data is access only by authorized people.
- Adhere to policies, processes, and procedures by accurately recording and reporting users’ requests in ITSM.
- Participate in Strategic Planning through identification of projects plans, and providing required research.
- Coordinate with the support vendor by managing issues and implementing any required changes in the Analytics systems and data models.
Typical Performance Measures:
- Quality of Team Contribution
- Effective Team lead
- Availability of all defined report and KPIs in the Analytics tool on agreed time.
- Quality of relationships with internal customers/peers/vendor support
- Effectiveness of issue resolution/decision making/change control and risk management.
- Delivery of outcomes according to agreed quality standards and deadlines
- Adaptability of work plans/resources in response to change
- Consistency and Quality of running services and solutions
- Responsible for company assets such as vehicles, IT equipment and PC’s
- Reports to Analytics Manager.
- Responsible for company job related assets.
- Adhering to the standard Processes.
What Do You Need to Qualify
- BSC in Computer/IT or Computer science.
- Previous experience SQL, RDBM, Big Data and data modelling.
- Previous experience in management or leaderships roles.
- Mobile Telecommunications background desirable.
- 3+years relevant working experience in telecom BI tools.
- In-depth knowledge of Data Science, Big Data, DWH and data modelling concepts.
- Good understanding of Business flow and business requirements.
- Excellent experience in SQL, PL/SQL.
- Having good knowledge in one of standard Analytics and Data science tool.
- Knowledge transfer
- Ability to interpret and apply best practice methods/processes
- Excellent innumeracy and analytical skills
- Management of external suppliers and software/hardware vendors
- Conflict handling and resolution skills
- Change management
- Highly developed communication and reporting skills (verbal and written) in both Arabic and English
- Ability to impart knowledge to others in a 1-to -1 and 1-to -many environment
Key Behaviours for Success:
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Creative thinker
- Forward Planning
- Results Drive
- Concern for Standards/Efficiency
- Being Collaborative
- Tenacity, Resilience and Self Management
About Zain Sudan:
The country’s leading operator was established in 1997 and today serves More than 16 million customers as of 31 August 2020, reflecting a market share of more than 48%. Possessing the country’s most advanced voice and data network, the operator’s network extends to an impressive 90% of the population with 2G, 3G and LTE sites. Through constant development of the telecommunications infrastructure and proactive marketing initiatives, Zain remains committed to offering customers in Sudan the most dynamic products and services. The foundation of Zain Sudan’s achievements lies in the company’s ability to inspire its employees to deliver the best and most imaginative services at every level. With an energetic and inspired predominantly Sudan workforce, the company is committed to employing high caliber people as well as nurturing the finest Sudan talent. With a strong human resources and training program that develops and nurtures leaders in the workplace, the company has consistently opened new doors for its dedicated staff. For more on Zain Sudan please visit www.sd.zain.com
Vacancy Type : Full Time Employee